Friday, July 13, 2007

Back in Kentucky

I've spent this afternoon hunting for our roofer, whose name is Pep.

In cleaning Mom's house we discovered a major leak on the back porch, so I'm on a mission to find him. I've been to the hardware store and the senior citizens center, but Pep's not either place.

Mom usually tracked down his truck and put a note under the windshield wiper. She did this in a matter-of-fact manner, as if everyone located their roofer this way.

I found several helpful locals at the pool room--finally one who described, in great detail, where Pep lives: on highway 51, across from where Piper's Drive-In used to be, behind the house in another house, beside the brown flatbed truck.

I found the house, the house annex, the truck, and I left a note under the windshield wiper.

No comments:

Post a Comment